Research topics of the working group:
Teichmüller curves and Veech groups.
Translation surfaces, in particular origamis/square-tiled surfaces.
Subgroups of the automorphism group Aut(F_n) and the outer automorphism group Out(F_n), Culler-Vogtmann outer space, connection between Teichmüller space and outer space.
SFB TRR 195 Symbolic Tools in Mathematics and their Application:
Since 2017 our working group is part of the SFB TRR 195 with the project Algorithmic Approaches to Teichmüller curves.
Seminar of Algebra and Number Theory
The Seminar of Algebra and Number Theory takes place on Monday afternoon. More information including a list of past and forthcoming talks can be found on the web page of the Seminar.
Weihnachtsworkshop on Geometry and Number Theory
The following software is or was developed by members of our group:
- Direct access to the Origami-Database.
- GAP package ModularGroup
- GAP package Origami
- ArangoDB Origami Database.
- SAGE program Lipschitz Calculator CV_n
- C++ program Origami-Library calculates the Veech group of an origami. Developed in Karlsruhe together with Karsten Kremer.
- Python program Origami-Visualize draws nice images of origamis. Developed by Joachim Breitner in Karlsruhe. There's also some sample input and an example TeX file.